Create a Flag
To create a flag, first navigate to the "Flags" screen in the left navigation bar.
- From the Flags screen in Experiment, select your target project from the dropdowns.
- Click Create Flag.
- Enter a Name for the flag (e.g.
- Experiment will automatically generate a normalized Key for your flag/experiment. The key is the string which is used to access the variant in you application. You may choose to customize this key, as once the key is set it cannot be changed.
- (Optional) Enter a Flag Description (e.g.
Getting started with Amplitude Experiment) to better describe the flag.
- Save the experiment configuration. You can edit most fields from the flag's settings.
Add a deployment¶
Once you've created the flag, you'll need to add a deployment. To add a deployment, click the selection drop down in the upper right corner of the screen and select the deployment you created previously.
You may select multiple deployments in the dropdown if you want to target multiple deployments. E.g. if you are running an experiment on both your iOS and Android apps, you should create separate deployments for each and select both in the multi-deployment experiment.
After you have created your flag, you are ready to define its variants. A flag will contain an initial variant, "on", by default. If you are rolling out more than one variant of a feature, add variants using the Create Variant button. Make sure to add descriptions to your variants so that your team members can follow along.
Your flag must have at least one variant.
Configure targeting rules¶
Your flag will not target any users by default. To target users, navigate to the "Targeting" tab and set the Percentage Rollout to 100%. Now all evaluated users will be assigned the "on" variant for this feature flag.
Activate the flag¶
Once you're done configuring your flag, activate the flag using the toggle in the upper right corner and follow the instructions in the activation modal.