Send Cohorts to Split
With Amplitude's Split integration, you can export your Amplitude cohorts and use them as segmentation and targeting criteria in Split. From there you can create splits or feature flags for specific segments of users defined by your Amplitude data.
Other Amplitude + Split integrations
This integration sends Amplitude cohorts to Split. Amplitude offers other integrations with Split:
To set up the integration, you need to collect some information from your Split dashboard first.
- From your Split dashboard, select your account of choice and click Admin Settings.
- From within admin settings, navigate to the API Keys tab and click Add API Key. Make sure to set the key type to Admin. After it's created, copy the key.
- Next, specify the workspace to which you'd like to export your Amplitude cohorts. Click Workspaces from the left-hand sidebar and copy the workspace ID.
- Next, click View for the workspace you selected. From inside that workspace, select the Environments tab, and copy the appropriate environment ID.
- Select the Traffic Type tab and copy the traffic type id.
- In Amplitude Data, click Catalog and select the Destinations tab.
- In the Cohort section, click Split.
- In the Connect to Split modal, enter the following information you collected from Split:
- The access token (API Key)
- Workspace ID
- Environment ID
- Traffic type ID
- Map the user identifier Amplitude uses to sync with Split.
- Save your work.
You must make sure to choose a matching identifier in Amplitude and Split. This is often
userID. If they don't match, the integration will not work.
Export cohorts into Split¶
After you connect Split and Amplitude, you can sync any Amplitude cohort to it.
- In Amplitude, open the cohort you want to export. Click Sync, and choose Split.
- Choose the API target.
- Select the sync cadence.
- Save your work.
The Split integration supports ingestion of cohorts with fewer than 100,000 users.
After the cohort is synced to Split, it appears in your Split workspace in the Segments section. You can then use this segment for targeting rules in feature flags and splits you set up in Split.