Send Cohorts to Intercom
Send behavioral cohorts from Amplitude to Intercom so that you can better engage your users based on how they’ve interacted with your product and their lifecycle timing.
Other Amplitude + Intercom integrations
This integration sends Amplitude cohorts to Intercom. Amplitude offers other integrations with Intercom:
- This integration must be enabled on a per-project basis within Amplitude.
- This integration supports real-time sync. Real-time syncs update each minute and are built for interactive use cases where a rapid update is required.
- In Amplitude Data, click Catalog and select the Destinations tab.
- In the Cohort section, click Intercom.
- Log into your Intercom account (via OAuth) to authenticate and select the account you want to sync the cohort to.
- Intercom redirects you to the Amplitude dashboard. Select the identifiers you want to use for the cohort sync.
- Save your work when finished.
Send a cohort¶
- In Amplitude, open the cohort you want to export. Click Sync, and choose Intercom.
- Choose the destination.
- Select the sync cadence.
- Save your work.
Users are exported based on their user ID. Users must already exist in Intercom with corresponding user IDs in order to be properly synced
For scheduled cohort syncs, the initial sync includes the full cohort. All subsequent syncs update the original cohort via additions and removals.