Plotline Event Streaming
This feature is in open beta
This feature is in open beta and is in active development. Contact the Plotline Support team for support with this integration.
Plotline enables Product and marketing teams to configure in-app nudges to improve feature adoption and drive conversions. Fully no-code.
- You must enable this integration in each Amplitude project you want to use it in.
- You need a Plotline account to enable this integration.
- Relevant limits for Plotline events are:
- Plotline doesn't impose any hard limits on quantity or velocity. If you send too many requests in a short period of time, the integration returns a 429 response, which Amplitude handles.
- Requests must be smaller than 2MB.
- Amplitude sends selected user and event properties along with the event.
To configure an Event Streaming integration from Amplitude to Plotline, you must fulfill the following prerequisites from Plotline:
- A Plotline Account: You must have a Plotline account to use this integration. Contact Plotline to learn more.
- Plotline API Key: Plotline requires an API key to send data to Plotline.
- Log in to your My Plotline account.
- Navigate to the Credentials tab to find and copy your account's API Key.
- In Amplitude, navigate to Data Destinations, then find Plotline - Event Stream.
- Enter a sync name, then click Create Sync.
- Toggle Status from Disabled to Enabled.
- Paste your API Key (Access Token from the Plotline platform).
- (Optional) In the Create & Update users section, enable the toggle if you want to send users and their properties in real-time whenever Amplitude creates a user or updates the user property.
- In the Send Events section, enable the Events are sent to Plotline toggle to stream events to Plotline. When enabled, Amplitude forwards events to Plotline when they're ingested. Events aren't sent on a schedule or on demand using this integration.
- In the Select and filter events section choose which events you want to send. Choose only the events you need in Plotline. This integration doesn't supportTransformed events.
- Enable the destination and Save to finish.
When the integration is active, find the data in Data Center under Events and Data Center in the Live Stream section.
Sending events from Amplitude to Plotline can enhance the effectiveness of your communication strategies and help drive higher-value conversions through targeted and personalized messaging. Here are some specific use cases for integrating Amplitude with Plotline:
- Generate personalized content: Generate personalized content relevant to each user using event data from Amplitude.
- Behavioral Triggered Campaigns: With the integration, you can set up behavioral triggers in Plotline based on the events tracked in Amplitude. For instance, when a user reaches a certain milestone or completes a specific action within your app, Plotline can show specific campaigns to users.
- Personalized Campaigns: By sending user behavior data from Amplitude to Plotline, you can create personalized in-app campaigns based on specific user actions or preferences. For example, you can include their name and offer details in the in-app campaigns that users see.