Send Cohorts to Customer.io
Customer.io is a messaging platform that allows marketers to turn ideas into powerful automated message campaigns. Customer.io's logic-based tools help you capture every edge case and connect to the real people in your audience.
Send Amplitude events to Customer.io
This integration sends Amplitude cohorts to Customer.io. There is a separate integration to send Amplitude events. See Send events to Customer.io for information.
- This integration is only available for customers who have paid plans with Amplitude.
- The users in your cohort must exist in Customer.io before the sync from Amplitude. Users that don't exist in Customer.io are ignored and not shown in the sync.
- You must enable this integration in each Amplitude project you want to use it in.
- To use this integration for EU datacenters, specify the EU region during setup.
- Find your Customer.io API key by opening Customer.io and navigating to Account Settings > API Credentials.
- Copy the Tracking API Key, the Site ID, and App API Key.
- In Amplitude, navigate to Data Destinations, then find Customer.io - Cohort.
- Enter a name, tracking API key, site ID, and app API key.
- Select a region.
- Map an Amplitude property to the Customer.io user ID.
- Save when finished.
Send a cohort¶
- From the Cohorts page in Amplitude, click the cohort you want to send, or create a cohort.
- Click Sync.
- Select Customer.io, then click Next.
- From the Select an API target to sync to list, select your destination.
- Set the sync cadence.
- When finished, click Sync.
After you have exported the cohort, you can see the cohort in the Segments section of the Customer.io platform. You can use segments as recipient lists, campaign triggers, filters, conversion goals and more. Whenever you need to reference a subset of the people in your workspace, you use a segment.
Still have questions? Ask them in the Community.