Send Cohorts to Bento
Bento allows you to build powerful and native-looking activation experiences in your product. From onboarding checklists presented in your app dashboard, to upsell and cross-sell cards, to new feature announcements, Bento empowers designers and PMs to build and test without being blocked by engineering.
In order to show the right users the right experience, you can send cohort information to Bento for guide targeting. We support this at the user and group level. To automatically complete steps in a Bento guide when a user takes actions, you can pass in events from Amplitude.
This integration lets you sync cohorts from Amplitude to Bento.
This integration is maintained by Bento
Contact the Bento support team with any questions about this integration.
- This integration is only available for customers who have paid plans with Amplitude.
- You must enable this integration in each Amplitude project you want to use it in.
- Users on paid plans Bento can access this integration.
- Cohorts and events will only be processed for accounts and account users that already exist in Bento. Accounts or account users that are not present in Bento (i.e. if Bento is feature flagged) will have those attributes and events ignored."
For more information on setting up this integration, see Bento’s documentation.
- On Bento’s dashboard, navigate to Settings → Keys & IDs.
- Copy the App ID and the API key.
- In Amplitude Data, click Catalog and select the Destinations tab.
- In the Cohort section, click Bento.
- Add a new destination.
- Enter a name for this integration.
- Paste in your API key.
- Map the same Amplitude User_ID with the primary key from the Bento panel.
- Save when finished.
Send a cohort¶
- In Amplitude, open the cohort you want to sync, then click Sync.
- Select Bento, then click Next.
- Choose the account you want to sync to.
- Choose the sync cadence.
- When finished, save your work.
- Targeted messaging: By sending cohorts from Amplitude to User.com, businesses can target specific groups of users with relevant messaging. For example, a business might identify a cohort of users who have recently made a purchase and use User.com to send them a follow-up email with a personalized offer.
- Behavioral triggers: User.com allows businesses to set up automated triggers based on user behavior. By sending cohorts from Amplitude to User.com, businesses can create triggers based on specific actions or events. For example, a business might identify a cohort of users who have abandoned their cart and use User.com to automatically send them a reminder email after a certain period of time.
- Segmentation: User.com offers powerful segmentation capabilities, allowing businesses to create custom segments based on a variety of criteria. By sending cohorts from Amplitude to User.com, businesses can easily create segments based on specific user behaviors or characteristics.
- Personalization: User.com allows businesses to personalize their communications with users based on a variety of data points. By sending cohorts from Amplitude to User.com, businesses can leverage user data to create more personalized and relevant messaging.