Send Cohorts to Sendgrid
This integration is currently in Alpha and is in active development. If you have any feedback to improve or have suggestions around this documentation, email email@example.com.
SendGrid is a proven cloud-based customer communication platform that successfully delivers over 45 billion emails each month.
This SendGrid integration allows you to send audiences from Amplitude to SendGrid to create more personalized campaigns.
- The API key from SendGrid must be either Full Access or Restricted Access with Marketing permissions.
- The Amplitude user mapping to SendGrid email must contain unique email addresses. Duplicate email addresses cause sync errors.
- The recommended way to guarantee that all email addresses are unique is by setting your Amplitude User IDs to use email addresses.
- If you chose User ID, make sure that all User ID fields contain valid emails or the sync won't fully complete.
- You must map the email, first name, and last name fields. If the Amplitude user doesn't have values for the first and last name fields, the corresponding SendGrid contact won't have first or last names, only the email address.
- In cases where users don't have an email address, they aren't synced to SendGrid. This can cause a discrepancy between the number of users in SendGrid and Amplitude.
Log in to SendGrid and create your API key.
- In Amplitude, navigate to Data Destinations, then find SendGrid - Cohort.
- Click Add another destination.
- Enter the name.
- Paste the API key into the SendGrid destination settings.
- Assign mappings for email (must be a unique identifier), first name, and last name.
- Save when finished.
Send a cohort¶
To sync your first cohort, follow these steps:
- In Amplitude, open the cohort you want to sync, then click Sync.
- Select SendGrid, then click Next.
- Choose the account you want to sync to.
- Choose the sync cadence.
- When finished, save your work.
Depending on the size of your cohort, it can take a few minutes to see the correct number of cohort users in SendGrid.