Send Cohorts to Appcues
This feature is available in accounts with a Growth or Enterprise plan.
Amplitude's Appcues integration allows you to send finely targeted behavioral audiences from Amplitude to Appcues. You can then use them to power tailored in-product onboarding tutorials, tooltips, announcements, promotions, and surveys.
- You need an Appcues account.
- You must have a user property in Amplitude that matches the User ID field in Appcues.
- In Amplitude Data, click Catalog and select the Destinations tab.
- In the Cohort section, click Appcues.
- Enter your Appcues account ID. You can find your account ID by following these instructions.
- Select the Amplitude user property to map to the Appcues
User IDfield. This property should match the
- Save your work.
Send a cohort¶
To sync a cohort between Amplitude and Appcues, follow these steps:
- Open your cohort and select the API target to sync to.
- Specify the custom field to sync to. Appcues automatically creates this field the first time your cohort syncs. The field name can't contain any quote characters.
- Specify whether to run a one-time sync, or whether you want the sync to occur on a scheduled basis.
In Appcues, the cohort appears as a user property. Its name matches the one you provided for the custom field. It's set to
true if a user is in the cohort at the time of sync, and
false if they're not.