Braze Event Streaming
Amplitude CDP's Braze streaming integration enables you to forward your Amplitude events and users straight to Braze with just a few clicks.
Other Amplitude CDP + Braze integrations
This integration streams Amplitude events and users to Braze. Amplitude CDP offers other integrations with Braze:
To configure streaming from Amplitude to Braze, you need the following information from Braze.
- Braze API Endpoint: The Braze endpoint for REST operations. See the Braze documentation for help determining your endpoint.
- Braze API Key: The Braze API key used for authentication. See the Braze documentation for help locating your API key.
- Braze App ID: The Braze App ID for the app receiving Amplitude events. See the Braze documentation for help locating your app ID.
Create a new sync¶
- In Amplitude Data, click Catalog and select the Destinations tab.
- In the Event Streaming section, click Braze.
- Enter a sync name, then click Create Sync.
- Select your Braze API Endpoint.
- Enter your Braze API Key.
- Enter your Braze App ID.
- Check Update Users Only to only update users that exist in Braze, and not create new ones. If you're sending alias-only user profiles, don't check this field. If you check Update Users Only, your alias-only user profiles aren't created in Braze. More information available in the Braze documentation.
This applies to both event and user forwarding. Transformed user properties aren't supported.
- Select an Amplitude user property that corresponds to your Braze user ID, from the left dropdown.
- Select the type of your Braze user ID, from the right dropdown.
- External ID: Any unique identifier for each user in Braze.
- Braze ID: A unique identifier provided by Braze for each user.
- User Alias: An alternative unique identifier for each user in Braze.
Configure event forwarding¶
Under Send Events, make sure the toggle is enabled ("Events are sent to Braze") if you want to stream events to Braze. When enabled, events are automatically forwarded to Braze when they're ingested in Amplitude. Events aren't sent on a schedule or on-demand using this integration.
In Select and filter events choose which events you want to send. Choose only the events you need in Braze. Transformed events aren't supported.
(optional) In Select additional properties, select any more event and user properties you want to send to Braze. If you don't select any properties here, Amplitude doesn't send any. These properties are sent to Braze as Braze custom event properties. Transformed event properties and transformed user properties aren't supported.
Configure user forwarding¶
Under Send Users, make sure the toggle is enabled ("Users are sent to Braze") if you want to stream users and their properties to Braze. When enabled, users are automatically created or updated in Braze when an event is sent to Amplitude. Amplitude Identify API calls are also forwarded to Braze. Users aren't sent on a schedule or on-demand using this integration.
(optional) In Select additional properties, select any more user properties you want to send to Braze. If you don't select any properties here, Amplitude doesn't send any. These properties are sent to Braze as Braze custom attributes. Transformed user properties aren't supported.
When satisfied with your configuration, at the top of the page toggle the Status to "Enabled" and click Save.
Still have questions? Ask them in the Community.