Braze Event Streaming
This feature is in open beta
This feature is in open beta and is in active development.
Amplitude Data's Braze integration lets you stream your Amplitude event and user data straight to Braze with just a few clicks.
Other Amplitude + Braze Integrations
This integration streams Amplitude events and users to Braze. Amplitude offers other integrations with Braze:
- If a user with the provided Braze identifier doesn't exist within Braze, Braze creates a user with that ID. If this isn't the desired behaviour, check the Update Users Only option.
To configure an Event Streaming integration from Amplitude to Braze, you need the following information from Braze:
- Endpoint: the endpoint for the REST operations. It looks like :
https://rest.iad-##.braze.com, See the Braze documentation to find your endpoint.
app_id: ID for the Braze app that should receive Amplitude events. Find this in your Braze Developer Console under Settings. See the Braze documentation for more help.
api_key: The REST API Key used for authentication. Find this in your Braze Developer Console under Settings. See the Braze documentation for more help.
- In Amplitude, navigate to Data.
- On the sidebar, under Connections, select Catalog.
- Select the Destinations tab.
- Select Event Streaming.
- Click Braze - Event Streaming.
- Enter a sync name, then click Create Sync.
After you create the destination, you must configure the settings.
- On the Settings tab, click Edit.
- Select your Braze REST API Endpoint.
- Enter your REST API Key.
- Enter your Braze App Identifier API Key.
- Create & Update Users creates users in Braze and update the properties of existing users when an Amplitude Identify API call is made.
- To create and update users, toggle Create & Update Users to Enabled.
- To select user properties to send, expand the Specify user properties to send panel, and select properties to forward. If you don't select any properties here, Amplitude doesn't include any.
- Check the Update Users Only box to not create users if they don't exist when forwarding Identify API calls. If you're sending alias-only user profiles, this field shouldn't be checked. If Update Users Only is checked, your alias-only user profiles won't be created in Braze. More information available in the Braze API documentation.
- Send Events sends events ingested by Amplitude to Braze.
- To send an event, toggle Send Events to Enabled.
- Expand the Select and filter events panel, and select which events to send.
- To select event properties to send, expand the Specify event properties to send panel, and select properties you want to include. If you don't select any properties here, Amplitude doesn't send any.
- Save when finished.
After you configure your settings, configure your mappings.
Configure mappings (recommended)¶
For newer versions of the Braze destination, you can map Amplitude properties to fields in Braze. If you don't configure mappings, or are using an older version that doesn't support mapping, the default values described below are used instead.
- Click the Mappings tab, then click Edit.
- Select a Braze User ID field for your users in Braze. Your choice for a Braze identifier are:
- External ID (a unique identifier that's assigned by you to a user in Braze)
- Braze ID (a unique identifier that's automatically set by Braze)
- User Alias (an identifier that's assigned by you to a user in Braze)
- Save when finished.
See the full list of available mappings.
After you configure mappings, enable the destination.
The final step is enabling the destination. You must enable the destination to start streaming events.
- Navigate back to the Settings tab.
- Click Edit.
- Toggle Status from Disabled to Enabled.
- Click Save.
List of available mappings¶
|Parameter Name||Required||Recommended||Default Amplitude Property|
|External ID||(one of External ID, Braze ID, or User Alias)||User ID|
|Braze ID||(one of External ID, Braze ID, or User Alias)||User ID|
|User Alias||(one of External ID, Braze ID, or User Alias)||User ID|
Still have questions? Ask them in the Community.