Send Cohorts to TheTradeDesk
This integration is in Closed Beta and is in active development. Contact your Amplitude Client Success Manager for support with this integration.
TheTradeDesk allows advertisers to access a wide range of digital advertising inventory, including display ads, video ads, mobile ads, native ads, and more. Advertisers can use the platform to target specific audiences based on various parameters such as demographics, interests, browsing behavior, and location. The platform also offers real-time bidding capabilities, allowing advertisers to bid on ad placements in real-time auctions.
- This integration is only available for customers who have paid plans with Amplitude.
- You must enable this integration in each Amplitude project you want to use it in.
- You need a paid The Trade Desk plan to enable this integration.
- You can map identifiers to TheTradeDesk's 36 character GUID, the raw device GUID (for example, iOS IDFA or Android AAID), or TheTradeDesk's Unified ID 2.0 (UID2). For more information about UID2, see TheTradeDesk's Unified IDs.
- Users in TheTradeDesk have a TTL (Time-To-Live) parameter. Amplitude sets this value to 30 days for users in Cohorts that you send to TheTradeDesk, and refreshes it with every sync. If you configure a scheduled sync, users in cohorts that you send to TheTradeDesk won't expire. If you run a one-time sync, users you send to TheTradeDesk will expire 30 days after the sync, unless you manually resync the cohort.
- In The Trade Desk, navigate to Settings > Integrations.
- Click Add integration, then find and add Amplitude.
- Copy the Advertiser ID and Advertiser Secret Key to your clipboard.
- To find your Advertiser ID and Advertiser Secret Key, navigate to the Advertiser Preferences page and select Seat Identifiers & Keys.
- In Amplitude Data, click Catalog and select the Destinations tab.
- In the Cohort section, click TheTradeDesk.
- Click Add another destination.
- Enter Name, Advertiser ID and Advertiser Secret Key.
- Choose your Data Center Region.
- Map the Amplitude User ID field to TheTradeDesk User ID field. You can map identifiers to The Trade Desk 36-character GUID, Raw device ID in 36-character GUID (iOS IDFA or Android's AAID) or TheTradeDesk's Unified ID 2.0.
- Save when finished.
Send a cohort¶
To sync your first cohort, follow these steps:
- In Amplitude, open the cohort you want to sync, then click Sync.
- Select TheTradeDesk, then click Next.
- Choose the account you want to sync to.
- Choose the sync cadence.
- When finished, save your work.
Q: Why is the size of the cohort in Amplitude different from the number I can see in the TradeDesk?¶
Amplitude reports a cohort sync as successful even if there are invalid IDs in the sync. As a result, the number of users in TheTradeDesk may be different than the number you have in Amplitude. If your sync contains duplicate IDs or a parsing error occurs, TheTradeDesk won't add those users. The number of users that appears in TheTradeDesk is the number that was successfully imported from Amplitude.
- Improved Audience Targeting: By sending cohorts or segments of users from Amplitude to The Trade Desk, advertisers can refine their audience targeting. For instance, if Amplitude identifies a group of users who have exhibited certain behaviors or engagement patterns (for example, frequent app usage, specific in-app actions), you can send this cohort to The Trade Desk for more precise ad targeting. This approach helps advertisers reach users who are more likely to convert based on their past behavior.
- Personalized Ad Creative: Amplitude's behavioral insights can help inform the creation of personalized ad creatives. When Amplitude sends cohorts to The Trade Desk, advertisers can tailor their ad content to match the interests and preferences of specific user groups, increasing the likelihood of capturing their attention and driving conversions.
- Campaign Optimization: The behavioral data collected by Amplitude can be used to optimize ongoing advertising campaigns on The Trade Desk. By understanding how different user cohorts respond to various ad creatives, placements, and messaging, advertisers can adjust their campaigns in real-time to maximize performance and ROI.
- Retargeting Strategies: Amplitude can identify users who have shown interest but haven't completed desired actions, such as making a purchase or signing up. By sending these non-converting cohorts to The Trade Desk, advertisers can design retargeting campaigns that re-engage these users with tailored messaging and incentives.
- Lookalike Audience Expansion: Amplitude's cohorts can serve as the basis for creating lookalike audiences on The Trade Desk. These are audiences that share similar characteristics with existing high-value user groups. By utilizing Amplitude's insights, advertisers can identify valuable traits and behaviors to build larger audiences that are likely to be receptive to their ads.