Google Pub/Sub Event Streaming
This feature is in closed beta
This feature is in closed beta. Customers with any paid plan can contact their Amplitude Customer Service Manager or Account Executive to get access.
Amplitude Data's Google Pub/Sub integration lets you stream your Amplitude event data straight to Pub/Sub.
- Amplitude sends the
created_atalong with all user, group, and event properties to Pub/Sub.
- The data Amplitude posts in Pub/Sub is the same JSON as documented in the Amplitude Export API.
- This destination supports Identify Forwarding. Anytime you make an Identify call to Amplitude, we forward that user information. See Identify documentation for more information.
- The ‘Google Cloud Service Account’ must be entered in as a base64 encoded string.
Before you get started, create a topic in Pub/Sub, and a Google IAM service account.
Amplitude needs two things from Pub/Sub to set up the integration:
- Pub/Sub topic name: the name of the topic, not the full name in the google cloud. See the Google Pub/Sub documentation for help with this step.
- Google service account key: A dedicated service account for Amplitude Pub/Sub integration should be created by the customer. See the Google documentation for help with this step.
Google Pub/Sub setup¶
After you create your topic and service role, you must add the service account as a principle for the topic you created. For more detailed instructions for this step, see theGoogle documentation.
- Open the topic.
- In the Permissions tab, click Add Principal.
- Add the service account's name.
- Select Pub/Sub Publisher as the role.
Now, create a key for the service account. You need this to complete Amplitude setup. See the Google documentation for help with this step.
- In Amplitude, navigate to Data Destinations, then find Google Pub/Sub - Event Stream.
- Enter a sync name, then click Create Sync.
- Click Edit, then paste your Pub/Sub topic name and Google Cloud service account key.
- Use the Send events filter to select the events you want to send. You can send all events, but we recommend choosing the most important ones.
- When finished, enable the destination and save.