Google Pub/Sub Event Streaming
This feature is in open beta
This feature is in open beta and is in active development.
Amplitude Data's Google Pub/Sub integration lets you stream your Amplitude event data straight to Pub/Sub.
- Amplitude sends the
created_atalong with all user, group, and event properties to Pub/Sub.
- The data Amplitude posts in Pub/Sub is the same JSON as documented in the Amplitude Export API.
- This destination supports Identify Forwarding. Anytime you make an Identify call to Amplitude, Amplitude forwards that user information. See Identify documentation for more information.
- You must enter the Google Cloud Service Account as a base64 encoded string.
Before you get started, create a topic in Pub/Sub, and a Google IAM service account.
Amplitude needs two things from Pub/Sub to set up the integration:
- Pub/Sub topic name: The name of the topic, not the full name in the google cloud. See the Google Pub/Sub documentation for help with this step.
- Google service account key: You should create a dedicated service account for Amplitude Pub/Sub integration. See the Google documentation for help with this step.
Google Pub/Sub setup¶
After you create your topic and service role, you must add the service account as a principle for the topic you created. For more detailed instructions for this step, see the Google documentation.
- Open the topic.
- In the Permissions tab, click Add Principal.
- Add the service account's name.
- Select Pub/Sub Publisher as the role.
Now, create a key for the service account. You need this to complete Amplitude setup. See the Google documentation for help with this step.
- In Amplitude Data, click Catalog and select the Destinations tab.
- In the Event Streaming section, click Google Pub/Sub.
- Enter a sync name, then click Create Sync.
- Click Edit, then paste your Pub/Sub topic name and Google Cloud service account key.
- Use the Send events filter to select the events you want to send. You can send all events, but Amplitude recommends choosing the most important ones.
- When finished, enable the destination and save.