Meta Pixel Event Streaming
Amplitude Data's Meta Pixel integration lets you stream your Amplitude event data straight to Meta Pixel with just a few clicks.
This feature is in closed beta
This feature is in closed beta. Customers with any paid plan can contact their Amplitude Customer Service Manager or Account Executive to get access.
Keep these things in mind when sending Amplitude data to Meta.
- Amplitude uses the
user_idto match the
external_iduser property field in Meta Pixel. Please ensure that this field is present in your Amplitude events.
- All event properties that Amplitude sends are stored as 'custom data'. Because of this, normal Meta conversion can't be applied to those events. You must create a custom conversion using this Meta guide.
- The rate limits for Pixel are determined on a per-account basis. If you have rate limiting issues, report them to your Meta CSM.
- You must have a Meta developer account to access the events forwarded to Pixel.
To configure an Event Streaming integration from Amplitude to Meta Pixel, you need the following information from Meta Pixel:
- Pixel ID
- Conversions API Access Token.
- In Meta, go to Events Manager and click Settings on the top navigation bar.
- Scroll down to Conversions API and click Generate access token in Set up manually.
- Copy the Pixel ID at the top of the page and the newly generated access token.
- In Amplitude, navigate to Data Destinations, then find Meta Pixel - Event Stream.
- Enter a sync name, then click Create Sync.
- Click Edit, then paste your Pixel ID and Conversions API Access Token.
- Use the Send events filter to select the events you want to send. You can send all events, but we recommend choosing the most important ones.
- When finished, enable the destination and save.