Import AppsFlyer Mobile Attribution Data
This integration combines Amplitude's analytics with AppsFlyer's attribution tools into one unified system. With it, you can share all user data in real-time and help non-technical team members pinpoint your targeting, optimize your ad spend, and boost your ROI.
Other Amplitude + AppsFlyer integrations
This integration imports AppsFlyer data into Amplitude. Amplitude offers two other integrations with AppsFlyer:
AppsFlyer provides mobile advertising attribution and analytics, helping marketers to pinpoint their targeting optimize their ad spend and boost their ROI. Send your AppsFlyer data to Amplitude to see how your different acquisition sources are performing.
- This AppsFlyer integration uses the Amplitude Attribution API to send data to Amplitude. Make sure you understand how the Attribution API works before setting up this integration.
- AppsFlyer uses the Attribution API, which means:
- Attribution events are held for up to 72 hours for potential user matching. If a user didn't trigger an Amplitude event within 72 hours of the attribution event, the attribution data is dropped.
- There can sometimes be a discrepancy between AppsFlyer and Amplitude data. When a user doesn't trigger any events tracked by Amplitude within 72 hours, the linkage between the same user across both platforms may be temporarily affected. This may result in a lower event count in Amplitude when comparing to events in AppsFlyer.
- Amplitude removes the ADID information due to privacy concerns, so you see
ADID = nullwhen you send ADID. The attribution information is processed, but is stripped of the ADID before the event is saved.
- AppsFlyer implemented some restrictions to comply with certain media regulations, so app installs from AppsFlyer are categorized as organic. Some SRNs/partners require advertisers to hide media source data. It's hidden before forwarding attribution data to third parties like Amplitude. When required, installs and in-app events are sent without media source name and campaign details. For more information about AppsFlyer's integration, see their help center. Additionally, here is information on the sources not available through AppsFlyer. A possible workaround for this is to either export the raw data from AppsFlyer, or collect raw data on your end. Then send the data using Amplitude's HTTP API.
Set up and use the integration¶
You can find detailed instructions on implementing this integration in the AppsFlyer documentation.
Still have questions? Ask them in the Community.