Intercom Event Streaming
This feature is in closed beta
This feature is in closed beta. Customers with any paid plan can contact their Amplitude Customer Service Manager or Account Executive to get access.
Amplitude Data's Intercom integration lets you stream your Amplitude event data straight to Intercom with just a few clicks.
Other Amplitude + Intercom integrations
This integration streams Amplitude events to Intercom. Amplitude offers other integrations with Intercom:
Keep these considerations in mind when streaming events to Intercom.
- Amplitude sends the
- A user must exist in Intercom in order to send events for them. Amplitude sends the event data with the
user_id, which Intercom uses to associate the event with an existing user within Intercom. Make sure that the Intercom
user_idand the Amplitude
- Intercom has a limit of 120 Event Types and 20 metadata (which are event properties) per Event Types. Be sure to select the events you want to forward to Intercom using the Event Filter while creating or editing the Event Streaming connection in Amplitude.
- If you have Intercom configured as a Data Source in Amplitude, "[Intercom] event.created" is triggered whenever an event is created in Intercom, including through Amplitude's Event Streaming integration. If you don't want these to be stored in Amplitude, use Block & Drop filters to remove this event data from Amplitude.
This integration requires configuration in Intercom and Amplitude.
See Intercom's documentation for more detailed instructions on creating an app.
- From the Intercom Developer Hub, click on Your Apps.
- Click New App.
- Enter a name and workspace, then choose Internal integration.
- After you've created the app, click it and go to the Authentication page. Copy the Access Token.
- In Amplitude, navigate to Data Destinations then click View all Destinations.
- Click Intercom - Event Stream.
- Enter a sync name, then click Create Sync.
- Click Edit, then paste your Intercom app's access token in the API Key box.
- Use the Send events filter to select the events you want to send. Intercom has a limit of 120 Event Types.
- When finished, enable the destination and save.