Import Google Ads Data
Amplitude Data's Google Ads integration lets you import your Google Ad spend, click, and impression data in just a few steps.
Other Amplitude + Google Ads Integrations
This integration imports Google Ads data into Amplitude. Amplitude offers other integrations with Google Ads:
To set up, you need the following:
- Google Ads Customer ID of the ad account you want to connect to.
- If you don't have direct access to the account,
Google Ads Manager IDthat you authorized access on which can view this ad account.
- This source imports metrics data from Google Ads. It doesn't import other types of data, like experiments.
- Amplitude's Google Ads integration imports data from Google Ads once a day, so your Daily Ad Metrics populates all at once. Check the time of the next sync in the settings.
- The advertising data you import is associated with a new Amplitude event called
Daily Ad Metrics. This event has several event properties, like
Ad Clicks, and
Ad Group ID. For more information, see Ad-Network Integrations in Amplitude
- Google Ads import pulls data and clicks on a per-ad level. The advertising metrics and properties aren't tied to users and display along with the
Display Ad Metricsevent. Therefore,
Daily Ads Metricevents might be the only event showing up in your users' event stream.
In Amplitude, navigate to Data Sources, then find Google Ad in the I want to import data into Amplitude tab.
- Log into Google and grant Amplitude permission in the consent form.
- Enter the Google Ads Customer ID for the ad account you want to import data from.
- If you don't have direct access to the account, enter the
Manager IDthat you authorized access on which can view this ad account. Otherwise, just leave the field as blank.
- [Optional] Import past data for a given period.
For more information on how you can use the data from this integration in Amplitude, see this blog post.
Amplitude's Google Ads Import integration requires that your Google Ads Manager account has administrator privileges. This level of permission allows Amplitude to add and remove users from specific user lists in Google Ads. For more information, see About access levels in your Google Ads Account in Google's documentation.
Import job ingests no data¶
- Unplanned data: check if you reject unplanned events in your Schema settings. If you reject unplanned data, Amplitude doesn't store the event or its properties.
- Matching users: check if your users have corresponding accounts in Amplitude and Google Ads. Google Ads import tries to match users between platforms based on the key-value pairs you selected. If your import job doesn't find any corresponding values, it fails.
Daily ad metric discrepancies¶
Your metrics may occasionally update days after a click occurs. This can happen for many reasons, including but not limited to:
- When a conversion occurs days after the initial click
- When the source detects and removes invalid traffic Hence, if Google updates the data afterward - the import job needs to run again to get the updated numbers. For more information, see About data freshness in Google's documentation.